Module 1: Intro to Yoga. 100-Hours of the 200-Hour Yoga Teacher Training
Exploring: Who Am I?
The theme of this course is inner exploration. It is aimed at deepening your own yoga practice through philosophy, anatomy, subtle energy, asana alignment and individualized sequencing.
What you will learn:
- To deepen your relationship with yourSelf through meditation, asana practice and pranayama practice
- The history of yoga
- Patanjali’s basic scientific method for calming the mind, including the 8 limbs of yoga as they are outlined in the Yoga Sutras.
- Sequencing for a hatha class
- Asana alignment, modifications, benefits and contraindications
- Anatomy & Physiology of the major physical body systems
- Anatomy & Physiology of the subtle energy systems including: an introduction to prana, chakras, nadis, vayus, & bandhas
- Connections between physical & subtle energy systems