This course is the first half of the Yoga Alliance certified 200-hour Registered Yoga Teacher training course. Click here to see our Yoga Alliance profile.
This module is geared toward students of yoga who want to deepen their own yoga practice through philosophy, anatomy, subtle energy, asana alignment and individualized sequencing.
Who Am I?
The theme of this course is inner exploration.
What you will learn:
- To deepen your relationship with yourSelf through meditation, asana practice and pranayama practice
- The history of yoga
- Patanjali’s basic scientific method for calming the mind, including the 8 limbs of yoga as they are outlined in the Yoga Sutras.
- Sequencing for a hatha class
- Asana alignment, modifications, benefits and contraindications
- Anatomy & Physiology of the major physical body systems
- Anatomy & Physiology of the subtle energy systems including: an introduction to prana, chakras, nadis, vayus, & bandhas
- Connections between physical & subtle energy systems
OMwork for Day 1
- Supplies List:
- Notebook & Pencil
- 3 Primary Colors Paint & Brushes (colored pencils or markers will suffice, but paint is best)
- Small piece of string
- Read the Yoga Sutras
- Study Sutras 1.1-1.4 for Day 1
- Prepare your body by eating vegetarian food and drinking lots of water
- Drink hot teas
- Practice Conscious Breathing all the time (breath awareness and deep breathing)
- Practice asana, pranayama & meditation daily
- Fill out & email the Gypsea Waiver to Courtney@gypseayogaschool.com
- Download Workbook
- Fill out the application below: